Thursday, July 19, 2007
Condolences to our soldiers' families for the tragedy.
1. Utusan quote "siasatan awal TUDM, nahas udara terbaru Nuri itu berpunca daripada faktor cuaca buruk"
- so, are those Sikorsky Nuri too 'cikai', they can only be used in bright and clear conditions only?
-Nuris were bought in 1968 and were used in Vietnam War by American soldiers..and we Malaysian Army still using in in 2007.
2. It took 5 days for the rescue team to found the bodies
- if the crash location that was near a highway took 5 days to be found, how long it takes if some other crash (god forbid) occured on remote place?
-is it possible that the victims were still alive when the chopper crashed?
3. Utusan quote DPM as saying "TUDM tidak boleh menghentikan terus penggunaan Nuri kerana ia adalah satu-satunya helikopter yang ada"
- if that so, we are so doomed. Our country defense system relied only on old Nuri for air transportation. What is going to happen if some large scale catastrophe hit our country (invasion by Singapore maybe?)
4. If our leader can have BlackHawk, Agusta, SuperPuma, why give our soldiers been given 'cikai' punya chopper?
5. Good news is, the Defense Ministry is going to replace them with newer chopper. Will take 2-3 years. In the meantime, we just wait and see how many crashes are going to come. Lets hope nobody will be bombed during the negotiation period...
p/s: I feel so yesterday when I watched "FUTURE WEAPONS" on National Geographic Channel...
Thursday, July 05, 2007
If you are tagged, you need to write an entry related to the meme. At the end of your entry you just need to tag as many person as you like. You will then leave a comment in their blog to let them know they have been tagged. And to include this message, "By doing this meme you are contributing rm127 to the Darul Izzah Orphanage". Then please copy and paste this rule somewhere in your entry.
The meme is about completing at least 17 out of the following 27 sentences........ *These can be copied and pasted to your entry*
1. A person is only as good as his/her heart
2. Friendship is always precious
3. To love is to appreciate what you have, while you have it before it's gone
4. Money makes me able to buy gadgets
5. I miss college life
7. I try to spread love and happiness by being nice to people i met
8. Pick the flowers when it's fully blossomed
9. To love someone is to accept him/her unconditionally
10. Beauty is overrated
13. I am most happy when I have enough sleep
14. Nothing makes me happier than being with my loved one, and my cats
15. If I can change one thing, I will change my self
16. If smiles were contagious then I would be the carrier
17. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get back to RM1.00/liter of petrol?
18. If you want to succeed then you have to work hard
19. Money is not everything but the THING
20. The most touching moments I have experienced is when someone touched me
21. I smile when I'm happy
22. When I am happy, I smile
24. The best thing I did yesterday was squeezing my cats
25. If I ever write a book, I will give it this title,"How To Make Yourself Useful To Others"
26. One thing I must do before I die is to prepare what is necessary
27. Doing this meme, I feel like going to lunch, because it's lunchtime bebeh!
Posted By saifulislam On June 21, 2007 @ 12:03 am
Peserta IYEP membentangkan idea mereka tentang Conflict Solutions
 Inter-Civilizational Youth Engagement Program (IYEP) yang baru melabuhkan tirainya semalam, telah memberikan saya pelbagai suntikan idea tentang pelbagai perkara. Banyak yang perlu dianalisa, justeru banyak juga yang perlu ditulis untuk dikongsi bersama pembaca.
Rata-ratanya, saya amat berpuas hati dengan kualiti peserta. Setiap seorang yang memohon untuk menyertai program ini perlu menulis sebuah karangan untuk menyatakan sebab minatnya kepada program seperti ini, dan ia diikuti dengan temubual melalui telefon kepada peserta.
Nyata sekali, assessment itu telah berjaya memilih peserta yang tepat dan saya amat teruja dengan tahap pengetahuan anak-anak muda ini dengan pelbagai isu yang diperkatakan.
Hinggakan Karen Armstrong sendiri mendapat pelbagai ’bahan baru’ yang beliau mohon kebenaran peserta untuk menggunakannya di dalam ucapan dan penulisan. Sememangnya sesi soal jawab dan bengkel telah menonjolkan bahawa 50 warga IYEP kali ini adalah pemimpin masa depan yang hebat, semoga Allah memanjangkan umur saya untuk menyaksikannya.
Namun, keghairahan dan kegembiraan kami dengan pelbagai pengalaman baru, telah tercemar oleh suatu insiden yang amat memalukan, khususnya kepada Islam.
Monday, July 02, 2007
The Star, Monday July 2, 2007
KUALA TERENGGANU: A man, who reportedly looked like a Bollywood actor, walked into a food court for a teh tarik and triggered a brawl among three women that left one woman scalded and another woman's T-shirt ripped open.
Several chairs and tables were damaged during the fight among the women at the outlet in Merega Beris in Kijal, Kemaman on Saturday.
The shocked man fled the scene.
It all began when the man walked in alone. Two women at two separate stalls immediately tried to get his attention and lure him over to their stalls.
When he stopped to speak with one of the women, her competitor, 21, became so incensed that she marched over to the woman, tore her T-shirt and accused her of being gatal and dressing seductively.
The other woman, 22, immediately grabbed a pan and splashed her attacker with hot water, scalding her.
The scalded woman's mother, 46, rushed to her daughter's aid, hurling chairs at her assailant, damaging tables and alarming the other customers, said state Deputy CID Chief Supt Khairi Ahrasa yesterday.
He said the scalded woman was now warded at the Kemaman Hospital.